Mineral Point is proud to be home to a little band called Point Five. The photo above shows them in the studio of Wisconsin Public Radio’s Simply Folk where they not only performed, but talked about how good life is here in Mineral Point. They are great ambassadors for our town!
Here’s a little more about each of the band members:
- Aaron Dunn (rhythm guitar and lead vocals) is a family doctor here. Aaron was instrumental in establishing the Community Connections Free Clinic whose mission is to provide basic health care for those who cannot afford or access medical services in Iowa County and surrounding areas. Point Five’s concert Saturday night is a benefit for the CCFC.
- Monica Dunn (lead vocals, ukulele) is a stay-at-home mother of three adorable girls, a vocal coach and operator of a very cute local lodging establishment, pictured below, called “The Saltbox.”
- Carole Spelic’ (bass) is a local artist and co-owner of the Green Lantern Studios at the top of High Street. She plays a mean bass, and makes a mean vase –
- Paul Bierre (Dobro and banjo) is a doctor in the same practice as Aaron Dunn. In case you’re wondering, what a Dobro is, here’s a link – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dobro and a picture –
- Andy Hatch (mandolin) is a local cheese-maker of not just any cheese, but Pleasant Ridge Reserve, one of the greatest cheeses in the world!
When these regular folks join forces they become a band of super cool, acoustic folk-rockers. When you’re at a Point Five Concert you’re having fun. That’s all there is to it.
This weekend the place to be is the Mineral Point Opera House as Point Five is putting on a benefit concert Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 7:30pm. They will be joined onstage by Rick Harris and The Cozys. ALL proceeds will go to the Community Connections Free Clinic.
Have fun and support a good cause at the same time! If you can’t make it, but want to support the Free Clinic, here’s a donation link.
Make a weekend of it and book a room here in Mineral Point, Wisconsin.
Your sister Maureen is a good friend. She gave me the link to this site. What a great band you must have. I remember listening to you sing back in your high school days – your voice has always been beautiful. I’v mentioned to my husband Paul that “The Saltbox” needs to be a destination for us some weekend soon. Blessings to you all.
Thanks for your comment. We’ll pass it along to Monica.
Thanks, Diane! And Mineral Point would be a great weekend getaway for you and Paul. You are welcome anytime!
Pingback: Get Cozy Tonight | High Street Beat
Pingback: Music Town | High Street Beat
Pingback: Auction for a Good Cause | High Street Beat