Alley Stage, the theatre at Shake Rag Alley Center for the Arts, is holding auditions for the 2013 Season this Friday and Saturday in Mineral Point, Wisconsin. This 7th season for Alley Stage includes the following productions:
- Edward Albee’s “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf,” (June 20-29),
- “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.”(July 25-27),
- Neil Simon’s “The Odd Couple,” (August 15-24), and
- Conor McPherson’s “The Weir,” (October 25-27).
While these summer productions will take place at Alley Stage’s enchanting outdoor venue (once a quarry) the auditions are being held at Shake Rag Alley’s recently acquired/soon to be transformed Quonset Hut, located at the 5 Point intersection of Hwy 23 (Commerce St), Shake Rag Street, and Doty Street, in Mineral Point.
More Details –
- No roles have been pre-cast.
- Actors will be asked to read from the scripts.
- Actors may review audition scenes at the Shake Rag Alley Coach House, 18 Shake Rag Street, starting February 18th. No appointment is necessary.
- Those interested in “…Spelling Bee” should prepare a 60-second song. An accompanist will be provided.
- Actors of all ages are encouraged to audition.
- Call-backs for all auditions will be Saturday, Feb 23 2pm-4pm.
- Auditions will be held on Friday, February 22nd (5:30-9:30pm, register by 7pm) and Saturday, February 23rd (9:30am-noon, register by 11am).
- Questions may be directed to Alley Stage Managing Director, Ainsley Anderson, Ainsley.email@example.com.