Friday Night, December 6, 2013
* Jones Mansion – Handmade holiday gift show hosted by Susan Freymiller, Doris Freymiller and Lori Bartol 4-9 p.m.
* Library Movie at the Opera House – 7pm (due to the Library’s licensing limitations we cannot provide the name of the movie, but you can find out by visiting the Library or phoning them at 987-2447. Ask to sign up for their e-mail distribution list. This movie is rated R. A children’s movie is scheduled for next Friday night, December 13th.)
Saturday, December 7, 2013
* Faith Lutheran‘s Annual Cookie & Candy sale 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
* Trinity Episcopal‘s 57th Holiday Gift Fair 9 a.m.-3 p.m. (serving lunch from 10:30am- 2pm, raffle drawing at 2 p.m.)
* Santa at Shake Rag Alley 10 a.m. – Noon $8 for a photo with Santa
* Christmas Craft Workshops for kids and families at Shake Rag Alley 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. – $4 per craft
* Pearl Harbor Tribute – 12:55 p.m. at Library Park
* Kiwanis Chestnut Roast on the corner of High & Chestnut – donations to benefit the Hodan Center (5:30 p.m.- until they run out of chestnuts)
* Walker House dinner to benefit Mineral Point School District’s Art Program 5:30-6:30 p.m. ($15 – half goes to the school), art and music by the talented students will be on display from 6:30-9 p.m.
* Gallery Night and Candlelight Shopping – The shops are festooned with fresh pine garland, (thanks to Jerry Schmitz who tirelessly installs these garlands each year). Sidewalks will be aglow with candlelight, (thanks to the Boy Scouts who light them each year). Galleries and shops up and down High and Commerce (and Brewery Pottery out on Shake Rag Street) will be festive and open late. Come out and shop. Dress warm!!
* De la Pear will be featuring singer Grace Coyne 5-9 p.m. and a photography exhibit by Brett Hermanson
* Lilly Bragg and Jessi Bauman (of Cupola) singing at the Gray Dog Deli – 8:30-10:30 p.m.
Sunday, December 8, 2013
* Alley Stage presents an enchanting musical Christmas Story called Old Befana at the Opera House – 2 p.m.
* Gray Dog Deli – ugly sweater, family-friendly karaoke – 3:30-5:30 p.m. (come after Old Befana)
* Trinity Episcopal hosts a Festival of Lessons and Carols for Advent – a traditional service that tells the story of Christmas – 4 p.m.
If anyone manages to attend every event listed, let us know and we’ll do a post about you!
This is a wonderful time to experience the magic of Mineral Point. Make a weekend of it, by booking one of the town’s unique lodging options.
– Contributed by the Hays