The Mineral Point Tourism Commission created High Street Beat to capture some of the magic of our town through the stories of our locals, transplants and visitors. This blog is so named because, like many main streets in England, ours is called High Street.
Here are just some of the accolades Mineral Point has garnered over the years:
- First Wisconsin city to be listed on the National Register of HISTORIC Places (1971)
- People’s Choice as “The Most BEAUTIFUL Town in Wisconsin” and “Best Wisconsin Town for a HISTORIC Getaway (2008)
- Selected by the National Trust for Historic Preservation as One of America’s Dozen DISTINCTIVE Destinations® – — 1997
- Voted one of the top ten “COOLEST” small towns in the America by Budget Travel Magazine — 2009
- Best HISTORIC town in Wisconsin according to Wisconsin Trails magazine.
We invite you to visit often to enjoy the natural beauty, historic architecture, and friendly people of Mineral Point … where the passage of time only enhances the authenticity of this picturesque community.